Cortona's cathedral stands on an edge of the city, next to what's left of the Etruscan and medieval walls running from Porta Santa Maria to Porta Colonia. It was built on the site of an old Romanesque church, but the present Renaissance church was begun in 1480 and finished in 1507. An arcade along the outside wall was erected in the 16th century. The interior is a mixture of Renaissance and baroque styles featuring an exquisite 1664 baroque tabernacle on the high altar
by Francesco Mazzuoli.
Piazza Duomo 1, Cortona, 52044, Italy