Castello di Meleto
Castello di Meleto Review
It's a pretty drive up winding and curving roads to this 13th-century fortress. Attached is an 18th-century villa; more importantly, there's a wineshop that serves tastes of the locally produced wine as well as honeys and jams. It's worth touring the castle if you want to get a sense of how 18th-century aristocrats lived; if that doesn't interest you, proceed directly to the enoteca for a tasting. Six apartments clustered near the castle are available for rent.
- Address: Località Meleto, 5 km (3 mi) south of Gaiole, Gaiole in Chianti, 53013 | Map It
- Phone: 0577/749217; 0577/749129
- Cost: €10
- Hours: Tours: Mon. 3 and 4:30; Tues.–Sat. 11:30, 3, and 4:30; Sun. 11:30, 4, and 5. Wineshop: mid-Mar–mid-Nov., daily 11:30–4:30.
- Website: www.castellomeleto.it
- Location: Gaiole in Chianti
View deals in Tuscany for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More