The religious-art collection housed in the Bishop's Palace was collected from local churches, and includes an unusual reliquary by Antonio Pollaiolo with the head of Saint Octavian in silver resting on four golden lions. There's also a fine terra-cotta bust of Saint Linus by Andrea della Robbia (1435–1525/28). Two paintings are noteworthy: Rosso Fiorentino's (1495–1540) Madonna di Villamagna and Daniele da Volterra's (1509–66) Madonna di Ulignano, named
for the village churches in which they were originally placed.
Palazzo Vescovile, Via Roma 13, Volterra, 56048, Italy