Tuscany Sights

Advertisement

San Domenico

San Domenico Review

Inside the northern city walls, this church was begun by Dominican friars in 1275 and completed in the 14th century. The walls were once completely frescoed and decorated with niches and chapels. Very little remains of the original works, but a famous 13th-century crucifix by Cimabue (circa 1240–1302) and frescoes by Spinello Aretino (1350–1410) still remain.

    Contact Information

  • Address: Piazza San Domenico 7, Arezzo, 52100 | Map It
  • Phone: 0575/22906
  • Hours: Daily 8:30–1 and 3:30–7
  • Location: Arezzo
Updated: 12-04-2013

Fodorite Reviews

Be the first to review this property

Advertisement

· Map of San Domenico

Map of



Travel Deals
Forums