- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
A car is your only option in this part of the world. The southeastern boundary of the park is accessible via SR324, a pretty 30-minute drive on the winding two-lane road from Abetone. To get here from Lucca, take the SS12/Via del Brennero to the SP2, which leads to the SP20; from there, take the SS445/SR445 to the SS324/SP72. Continue on the winding SP16 to the SP47, which leads to the SP48, which leads to the park.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1799 -- 7-Nt. Luxe French & Italian Riviera Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises