- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Sports and the Outdoors
A good way to spend the afternoon is to go biking around the large path atop the city's ramparts. There are two good spots right next to each other where you can rent bikes. The prices are about the same (about €12.50 for the day and €2.50 per hour for city bikes) and they are centrally located, just beside the town wall.
Berutto Cicli. The vendors at Berutto Cicli, which sell bikes near the Piazza dell'Anfiteatro, are friendly and speak English. Via dei Gaspari Alcide 83/r, Anfiteatro, Lucca, 55100. 0583/517073.
Poli Antonio Biciclette. This is the best option for bicycle rental on the east side of town. Piazza Santa Maria 42, Lucca East, Lucca, 55100. 0583/493787. www.biciclettepoli.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $92 & up -- Italy: Luxe Hotel Sale in Summer, 50% Off Accor Hotels
- $1799 & up -- Italy 3-City, 9-Night Trip w/Air, Car & Train Europe Express
- $629 -- 7-Night Mediterranean Cruise on Norwegian Epic CruisesOnly
- $438 & up -- 7-Night Mediterranean Cruise on Royal Caribbean — $438 American Express Travel
- $699 & up -- 9-Night Mediterranean Cruise on Royal Caribbean — $699 American Express Travel