- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Leaning Tower of Pisa: It may be touristy, but now that you can once again climb to the top, it's touristy fun.
Olive-oil tasting in and around Lucca: Italian olive oil is justifiably world famous, and cognoscenti insist that the best is found here.
Cappella Maggiore, Duomo, Prato: Filippo Lippi's solemn frescoes depicting scenes from the lives of John the Baptist and Saint Stephen have gotten a big boost from a 2006 restoration.
Bagni di Lucca: This sleepy little town attracted the English Romantics, among others, who were drawn to its salubrious waters and air.
Tomb of Ilaria del Carretto, Duomo, Lucca: Check out this moving sculpture by Jacopo della Quercia commemorating a young woman who died in childbirth.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1799 -- 7-Nt. Luxe French & Italian Riviera Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises