- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Castellina in Chianti
Castellina in Chianti, or simply Castellina, is on a ridge above the Val di Pesa, Val d'Arbia, and Val d'Elsa, with beautiful panoramas in every direction. The imposing 14th-century tower in the central piazza hints at the history of this village, which was an outpost during the continuing wars between Florence and Siena. Don't miss a walk along Via delle Volte, a covered passage that follows the medieval walls on one side of the town.
Castellina in Chianti at a Glance
Elsewhere in Tuscany
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's