- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Italy 2014
Osteria Muscoli's Review
The bar is always busy with locals popping in for an ombra (glass of wine) until 2 am, but there are also tables out on the little island of the pescheria (fish market), in the middle of a canal, where you can sit and enjoy the offerings of this traditional osteria. The young, efficient staff will prepare a generous platter of savory delights, possibly with chunks of ham off the bone, a wedge of potato-and-porcini pie, pepper cheese, stuffed pickled tomatoes, and crostini (grilled open-face sandwiches) with sfilacci (shredded, cured horse meat). The menu, posted on a blackboard, changes daily. Check out the sarde in saor, the Venetian specialty, if it's available; spaghetti is another well-executed dish.
- Address: Via Pescheria 23, Treviso
- Phone: 0422/583390
- Location: Treviso
- No credit cards.
- Closed Sun. Apr.–Aug., Wed. Oct.–Mar., and 3 wks in Sept.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
After a fabulous vacation in Rome in November 2013, I was having a hard time getting the city out of my mind. Read more
Just wanted to thank everyone for their help for my planned Sicily trip - sadly my Mum took sick and I've had to call the whole thing off! Read more
Please try to give me tips that are applicable to our situation. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more