- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Italy 2014
Osteria Muscoli's Review
The bar is always busy with locals popping in for an ombra (glass of wine) until 2 am, but there are also tables out on the little island of the pescheria (fish market), in the middle of a canal, where you can sit and enjoy the offerings of this traditional osteria. The young, efficient staff will prepare a generous platter of savory delights, possibly with chunks of ham off the bone, a wedge of potato-and-porcini pie, pepper cheese, stuffed pickled tomatoes, and crostini (grilled open-face sandwiches) with sfilacci (shredded, cured horse meat). The menu, posted on a blackboard, changes daily. Check out the sarde in saor, the Venetian specialty, if it's available; spaghetti is another well-executed dish.
- Address: Via Pescheria 23, Treviso
- Phone: 0422/583390
- Location: Treviso
- No credit cards.
- Closed Sun. Apr.–Aug., Wed. Oct.–Mar., and 3 wks in Sept.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
February 2014 Sicily Trip Report
We found February an excellent time to travel to Sicily. Read more
Well, here we are finally in Sorrento. Read more
During our trip to Italy we have decided to rent a car in Florence on May 21st and return the car in Naples May 23rd and then catch a boat to Positano. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more