- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Italy 2014
Osteria Muscoli's Review
The bar is always busy with locals popping in for an ombra (glass of wine) until 2 am, but there are also tables out on the little island of the pescheria (fish market), in the middle of a canal, where you can sit and enjoy the offerings of this traditional osteria. The young, efficient staff will prepare a generous platter of savory delights, possibly with chunks of ham off the bone, a wedge of potato-and-porcini pie, pepper cheese, stuffed pickled tomatoes, and crostini (grilled open-face sandwiches) with sfilacci (shredded, cured horse meat). The menu, posted on a blackboard, changes daily. Check out the sarde in saor, the Venetian specialty, if it's available; spaghetti is another well-executed dish.
- Address: Via Pescheria 23, Treviso
- Phone: 0422/583390
- Location: Treviso
- No credit cards.
- Closed Sun. Apr.–Aug., Wed. Oct.–Mar., and 3 wks in Sept.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
Trip to Sicily: March 3-22, 2014
My husband and I had originally planned a trip to Sicily for last September but, due to family issues, we had to postpone the trip until this March. Read more
My boyfriend and I are going to be stopping at Lake Como (Tuesday-Friday) in mid-September. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more