Sights & Attractions in The Veneto and Friuli–Venezia Giulia
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
On a little square off the Piazza dei Signori are the fantastically...
|Memorials / Monuments||Verona|
Chiesa degli Eremitani
This 13th-century church houses substantial fragments of Andrea...
Loggia del Consiglio
This graceful structure on the north flank of the Piazza dei...
Musei Civici degli Eremitani
A former monastery now houses works of Venetian masters, as well...
|Museums / Galleries||Padua|
Museo Archeologico and Teatro Romano
Housed in a 15th-century former monastery, the museum's archeological...
|Historic Districts / Sites||Verona|
The Venetian Republic ordered the creation of Padua's botanical...
|Gardens / Arboretums||Padua|
This imposing Palladian palazzo (1550) would be worthy of a visit...
|Museums / Galleries||Vicenza|
Palazzo degli Scaligeri (Palazzo di Cangrande)
The della Scalas ruled Verona from this stronghold, built at...
|Castles / Palaces, Government Buildings||Verona|
Palazzo del Bo'
The University of Padua, founded in 1222, centers around this...
Palazzo della Ragione
An elegant 15th-century pink marble staircase leads up from the...
|Castles / Palaces, Viewpoints||Verona|
Piazza dei Signori
At the heart of Vicenza, this square contains the Palazzo della...
An exceptionally fine Baptism of Christ (1502), a work of Giovanni...
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's