The Veneto and Friuli–Venezia Giulia Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to The Veneto and Friuli–Venezia Giulia
Giotto's frescoes in the Cappella degli Scrovegni: In this Padua chapel, Giotto's expressive and innovative frescoes foreshadowed the painting techniques of the Renaissance.
Villa Barbaro in Maser: Master architect Palladio's graceful creation meets Veronese's splendid frescoes in a one-time-only collaboration.
Opera in Verona's ancient arena: The performances may not be top-notch, but even serious opera fans can't resist the spectacle of these shows.
Roman and early Christian ruins at Aquileia: Aquileia's ruins offer an image of the transition from pagan to Christian Rome, and are almost entirely free of tourists.
The wine roads north of Treviso: A series of routes takes you through beautiful hillsides to some of Italy's finest wines.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe