- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Getting to Aquileia by public transport is difficult, but not impossible. There is frequent train service from Venice and Trieste to Cervignano di Friuli, which is 8 km (5 mi) away by taxi (about €20) or infrequent bus service. (Ask the newsstand attendant or the railroad ticket teller for assistance.) By car from Venice or Trieste, take Autostrada A4 (Venezia-Trieste) to the Palmanova exit and continue 17 km (11 mi) to Aquileia. From Udine, take Autostrada A23 to the Palmanova exit.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe