- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Italy 2014
Acquario di Genova
Acquario di Genova Review
Europe's biggest aquarium, second in the world only to Osaka's in Japan, is the third-most-visited museum in Italy and a must for children. Fifty tanks of marine species, including sea turtles, dolphins, seals, eels, penguins, and sharks, share space with educational displays and re-creations of marine ecosystems, including a tank of coral from the Red Sea. An entire "Aquarium Village" has been created, which also includes a biosphere, hummingbird forest, and interactive submarine exhibit. If arriving by car, take the Genova Ovest exit from the autostrada.
- Address: Ponte Spinola, Porto Vecchio, Genoa | Map It
- Phone: 0101/2345678
- Cost: €19 for adults, €13 for kids ages 4–12, free for children 3 and under. Aquarium Village tickets (for entrance to all attractions): €39 for adults, €27 for children 4–12, free for children 3 and under.
- Hours: Mar.–June, weekdays 9–7:30, weekends 8:45–8:30; July and Aug., daily 8:30 am–10 pm; Nov.–Feb., weekdays 9:30–7:30, weekends 9:30–8:30. Entry permitted every ½ hr; last entry 1½ hrs before closing.
- Website: www.acquario.ge.it
- Location: Genoa
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
February 2014 Sicily Trip Report
We found February an excellent time to travel to Sicily. Read more
Well, here we are finally in Sorrento. Read more
We're flying with Lufthansa to Italy
Can we take snacks (all vacuumed) (biltong, nuts, protien bars) with our luggage or hand luggage??
Or what are we allowed to take with? any suggestions Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more