- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Stone buildings, narrow lanes, and stairways are strung together amid vineyards high on the cliffs; on a clear day views of the entire coastal strip are excellent. The high perch and lack of harbor make this farming community the most remote of the Cinque Terre.
San Pietro. On a pretty pastel square sits the 14th-century church of San Pietro. The rose window of marble imported from Carrara is impressive, particularly considering the work required to get it here. Main Sq., Corniglia. 0187/920633. Mon.–Sat. 9–1 and 4–6, Sun. 10–noon.
- Map It
- Website: www.aptcinqueterre.sp.it and www.parconazionale5terre.it
- Location: Corniglia
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We drove to the Hotel Bonconte in Urbino - another hotel not easy to find. Read more
Just returned from a fabulous 2 1/2 weeks in Le Marche, ending with 4 days in Rome.
We arrived at Fiumicino at about 2pm. We didn't want to go into Rome - just rent a car and head north. The first nigh Read more
My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon departing NYC May 26th and coming back around June 11th (dates flexible). We are looking to relax, not rush, wander old streets, sit outside and ea Read more
· News & Features
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more