Galata Museo del Mare
Galata Museo del Mare Review
Devoted entirely to the city's seafaring history, this museum is probably the best way, at least on dry land, to get an idea of the changing shape of Genoa's busy port. Highlighting the displays is a full-size replica of a 17th-century Genovese galleon.
- Address: Calata de Mari 1, Ponte dei Mille, Genoa, 16128 | Map It
- Phone: 010/2345655
- Cost: €12 for aults, €7 for kids 4–12, free for children 3 and under
- Hours: Mar.–Oct., daily 10–7:30; Nov.–Feb., Tues.–Fri. 10–6, weekends 10–7:30. Last entry 1 hr. before closing.
- Website: www.galatamuseodelmare.it
- Location: Genoa
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We took another Backroads cycling trip, this time spending most of the time in Northern Italy and Slovenia, but we began our journey w... Read more
We had such a good time on our trip to Northern Italy in 2012 that we decided to plan another trip to Italy with our friends for a cou... Read more