- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Castel Trauttmansdorff Review
This Gothic castle was restored in the 19th century and now serves as a museum, celebrating 200 years of tourism in south Tirol. Outside, a sprawling garden has an extensive display of exotic flora organized by country of origin. An English-language audio guide is available for €2.50. The castle is about 2 km (1 mile) southeast of town.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Here are the details of my trip to Venice, Montalcino & Florence with my husband in May-June 2010. Read more
Here are the details of my trip to Rome & the Amalfi Coast (with a base in Positano) with my husband in May 2009. Read more
Tickets are bought, let the planning begin.
I am spending nine nights on the Amalfi Coast in mid-May. I have three guidebooks (two centered around hiking, and one (gasp) is Rick Steves. Don' Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger?... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more