The Dolomites Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
The Dolomites Restaurant Reviews
Everything in Alto Adige (and, to a lesser extent, Trentino) has more than a tinge of the Teutonic—and the food is no exception. The rich and creamy cuisine here, including fondues, polentas, and barley soups, reflects the Alpine climate and Austrian and Swiss influences.
The quintessential restaurant here is the wood-panel Tirolean Stube (pub) serving hearty meat-and-dumpling fare, and there's also a profusion of pastry shops and lively beer halls.
Although the early dining schedule you'll find in Germany or Austria is somewhat tempered here, your options for late-night meals are more limited than they are in places farther south, where la dolce vita has a firmer grip.
Thankfully, the coffee is every bit as good as in parts south—just expect to hear "danke, grazie" when paying for your cappuccino.
Browse The Dolomites Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's