The Dolomites Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Dolomites Restaurant Reviews
Everything in Alto Adige (and, to a lesser extent, Trentino) has more than a tinge of the Teutonic—and the food is no exception. The rich and creamy food here, including fondues, polentas, and barley soups, reflects the Alpine climate and Austrian and Swiss influence.
The quintessential restaurant here is the wood-panel Tirolean Stube (pub) serving hearty meat-and-dumpling fare, and there's also a profusion of pastry shops and lively beer halls.
Although the early dining schedule you'll find in Germany or Austria is somewhat tempered here, your options for late-night meals are more limited than in southern Italy, where la dolce vita has a firmer grip.
Thankfully, the coffee is every bit as good as in parts south—just expect to hear "danke, grazie" when paying for your cappuccino.
Browse Dolomites Restaurants
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe