Few regions of Italy claim as many iconic images as the corner of Campania that holds the Amalfi Coast, Naples, and the sun-splashed islands of Capri, Ischia, and Procida. If the colorful cliffside houses don't win your heart, the azure sea will. Driving the curving coastal road is exhilarating, so unwind with memorable Neapolitan fare, or go island hopping and explore grottoes and beaches. Cultural highlights are always nearby too, from the ruins of Pompeii and Herculaneum to the echoes of classical history in the vibrant streets of Naples and Sorrento.
- Food The home of great pizza, mozzarella, limoncello, and spaghetti con le vongole.
- Views The bluest bay in the world dazzles from Ravello’s Belvedere of Infinity.
- Beaches Scenic, hidden coves line the Bay of Naples and make boat trips rewarding.
- Archaeology Pompeii and other evocative ruins transport you back to Roman times.
- Baroque Art Museums and churches shelter masterworks including three Caravaggios.
- Walking Slow exploration beckons—hiking Anacapri or strolling Naples' Spaccanapoli.