Side Trips from Rome Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Italy 2014
Plan Your Side Trips from Rome Vacation
A trip out of Rome introduces you to a more traditional aspect of Italy, where local customs and feast days are still enthusiastically observed, and local gastronomic specialties take pride of place on restaurant menus. Despite these small towns' proximity to the capital and the increased commuter traffic congestion of today, they still each manage to preserve their individual character.
With relatively few exceptions, accommodations in Lazio cater more to business travelers than to tourists, but there are many delightful exceptions, tucked...read more
Find the best Side Trips from Rome restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Side Trips from Rome
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Now61° F Mostly Cloudy 94% Humidity April 19, 2014 at 9:50AM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just wanted to thank everyone for their help for my planned Sicily trip - sadly my Mum took sick and I've had to call the whole thing off! Read more
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more