- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Air-conditioned coaches connect major and minor cities and are often faster and more convenient than local trains—still single-track on many stretches—but also slightly more expensive. Various companies serve the different routes. SAIS runs frequently between Palermo and Catania, Messina, and Siracusa, in each case arriving at and departing from near the train stations.
Cuffaro. A service between Palermo and Agrigento. 091/6161510. www.cuffaro.info.
Interbus/Etna Trasporti. This company operates between Catania, Caltagirone, Piazza Armerina, Taormina, Messina, and Siracusa. 095/532716. www.interbus.it.
SAIS. On the south and east coasts and in the interior, SAIS connects the main centers, including Catania, Agrigento, Enna, Taormina, and Siracusa. 800/211020 toll-free. www.saisautolinee.it.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe