- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Italy 2014
Hotel Principe di Villafranca
At a Glance
- helpful staff
- well-maintained building
- safe neighborhood
- breakable knickknacks make it unsuitable for small children
- bathrooms are on the small side
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Principe di Villafranca Review
Fine Sicilian antiques, imperial striped silks, creamy marble floors, and vaulted ceilings evoke a luxurious private home in the heart of Palermo's glitzy shopping district. It's easy to get comfortable in the understated surroundings: relax in the library with an aperitif, or savor an authentic meal in the rustic restaurant, which drizzles some of its dishes with a sublime, homemade balsamic vinegar. Rooms are elegant, with fine linens and more antiques. Ask for one facing the quieter street side.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
Trip to Sicily: March 3-22, 2014
My husband and I had originally planned a trip to Sicily for last September but, due to family issues, we had to postpone the trip until this March. Read more
I'm planning to drive a rental car in Southern Tuscany for a week.
How reliable the GPS is in Tuscany? Do I really need a detailed local map or GPS will be good enough?
Thanks for your help. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more