- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Monastero di Santo Spirito
Monastero di Santo Spirito Review
There are a few other things to do and see in the area. Along the coast, around 12 km (7 miles) to the west of Agrigento near the town of Realmonte, you can view the Scala dei Turchi (Stairs of the Turks), which are natural white cliffs eroded into unusual shapes. By visiting the beaches closest to the temples, near the town of San Leone, you can sunbathe beside the locals. If, instead, you head up the hill from the Valle dei Templi to the modern city you'll have the opportunity to try a local treat or stay at an inexpensive lodging. Need another reason to go there? Just ring the doorbell at the Monastero di Santo Spirito and try the kus-kus (sweet cake), made of pistachio nuts, almonds, and chocolate, that the nuns prepare. The clositers and courtyard of the church are open to the public.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After we left Urbino, we drove to Fabriano. Read more
We've rented out our house for another three months and have hit the road. Read more
EXTREMELY LONG POST.......
After a long day starting at 6am in london, we arrived via Milan (the airport cafe has amazing bresola sandwiches!) a 40 minute straight-forward motorway drive and a little Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more