- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Italy 2014
Hotel Villa Paradiso dell'Etna
At a Glance
- beautiful furnishings
- delightful gardens
- excellent food
- low season bargains
- difficult to find
- not much to do in the area
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Villa Paradiso dell'Etna Review
A painstaking renovation has returned this 1920s villa to its former elegance, complete with mementoes of its illustrious past, and there are breathtaking views of Mount Etna. In the early days it was a haunt for artists, before General Rommel took over during World War II. When the tide turned in the war, it became a military hospital. The sumptuous rooms and exceptional suites are filled with tasteful 19th-century Sicilian antiques and all the modern accessories befitting a four-star hotel.
- Address: Via per Viagrande 37, 10 km (6 miles) northeast of Catania; exit A18 ME-CT toward San Gregorio, or A19 PA-CT toward Paesi Etnei San Giovanni La Punta, 95037 | Map It
- Phone: 095/7512409
- Website: www.paradisoetna.it
- Location: Mount Etna
- 29 rooms, 4 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
After a fabulous vacation in Rome in November 2013, I was having a hard time getting the city out of my mind. Read more
Just wanted to thank everyone for their help for my planned Sicily trip - sadly my Mum took sick and I've had to call the whole thing off! Read more
Hi, I'd like to get some input on a trip I'm organizing between May and June (21 days) to cover some of France and some of north Italy.
I'm from Argentina and will be travelling with my wife and my 2 1/2 Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more