- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Sicily Restaurant Reviews
Sicilian cuisine is one of the oldest in existence, with records of cooking competitions dating to 600 BC. Food in Sicily today reflects the island's unique cultural mix, imaginatively combining fish, fruits, vegetables, and nuts with Italian pastas and Arab and North African elements.
It's hard to eat badly in Sicily. From the lowliest of trattorias to the most highfalutin' ristorante, you'll find the classic dishes that have been the staples of the family dinner table for years—basically pasta and seafood. A more sophisticated place may introduce a few adventurous items onto the menu, but the main difference between the cheapest and the most expensive restaurants will be the level of service and the accoutrements: in more formal places you'll find greater attention to detail and a more respectful atmosphere, while less pretentious trattorias tend to be family-run affairs, often without even a menu to guide you. However, in this most gregarious of regions in the most convivial of countries, you can expect a lively dining experience wherever you choose to eat.
Browse Sicily Restaurants
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book 4-Star Principe di Villafranca Fr $177+/Nt Save with Expedia, $63/night less
- Book 3-Star Joli in Palermo Fr $108+/Nt Save with Expedia, $14/night less
- Hot Deal on a 7 Nt Cruise! MSC Cruises Fr $549 Expedia
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Palermo Fr $75+/Nt — $75 Save with Expedia, $17/night less
- See Europe & More: 7 Nts Aboard MSC Cruises Fr $849 — $849 Expedia