- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Italy 2014
At a Glance
- rustic charm
- helpful staff
- locally-influenced restaurant
- stunning location in the Supramonte valley
- few choices on the lunch menu
- staff speaks limited English
Check Rates from our Partners
Su Gologone Review
Sardinia's interior town of Oliena is backed by the Supramonte mountains, and in those foothills you'll find Su Gologone, where rooms are country retreats, decked out with traditional Sardinian fabrics, wood chests, paintings, and exposed wood-beam ceilings. Stop in the rustic restaurant ($$$) for an authentic Sardinian meal; specialties include maccarones de busa (thick homemade pasta twists) and culurgiones (ravioli), sebadas (pockets of fried dough stuffed with cheese and lemon peel), and suckling pig roasted on an open spit. (Much of the local Cannonau, a heady red wine, is made from grapes grown in the countryside around the inn.) Relax on property at the large swimming pool and lounging areas, or coordinate with staff members to organize jeep and hiking expeditions. Su Gologone attracts droves, but for good reason: the hotel is 4 km (1.1 miles) southeast of Nuoro, and has a down-to-earth appeal. Rates with meal plans are cheaper than the B&B price.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We are planning a trip in July ( planning late i know)
We are looking at 3 countries in 4 weeks , possible?
Anyone have a similar itinerary?
including major attractions,
any help would be greatly Read more
After a fabulous vacation in Rome in November 2013, I was having a hard time getting the city out of my mind. Read more
We are going to be in Florence in June and I am going to book our tickets to the Uffizi Gallery before we go. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand.... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more