- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
From the port of Palau you can visit the archipelago of La Maddalena, seven granite islands embellished with lush green scrub and wind-bent pines that belong to the Olbia-Tempio province. Car ferries make the 3-km (2-mile) trip about every half hour. A handful of sites to see include ancient Roman ruins and squares. Explore the village then head to one of several picture-postcard coves, the perfect spot to pack a picnic and rejuvenate after your journey to the region.
Elsewhere in Sardinia
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's