- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
The walled seaside citadel of Castelsardo is a delight for craft lovers, with tiny shops crammed with all kinds of souvenirs, particularly woven baskets. The appropriately shaped Roccia dell'Elefante (Elephant Rock) on the road into Castelsardo was hollowed out by primitive man to become a domus de janas (literally, "fairy house," in fact a Neolithic burial chamber).
Castelsardo at a Glance
Elsewhere in Sardinia
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's