- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
On Sunday, Rome virtually shuts down on its official day of rest. Meanwhile, museums, pastry shops, and most restaurants are closed Monday. Daily shop hours generally run from 10 am to 1 pm, then 4 until 7:30 or 8 pm (but on Monday shops usually don't open until around 4 pm). Pharmacies tend to have the same hours as stores unless they advertise orario notturno (night hours). As for churches, most open at 8 or 9 in the morning, close from noon to 3 or 4, then reopen until 6:30 or 7. St. Peter's, however, has continuous hours from 7 am to 7 pm (until 6 in the fall and winter) and the Vatican Museums are open on Monday but closed Sunday (except for the last one of the month).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's