- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Getting to the Vatican
From Termini station, hop on the No. 40 Express or the famously crowded No. 64 to deliver you to Piazza San Pietro. On either, as on any bus in Rome, watch out for pickpockets.
Both routes swing past Largo Argentina, where you can also get the 571 or 46. Metro stops Cipro or Ottaviano (Musei Vaticani) will get you within about a 10-minute walk of the entrance to the Vatican Museums.
A leisurely meander from the historic center across the exquisite Ponte Sant'Angelo footbridge will take about a half hour.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's