- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Essential Italy
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Teatro dell'Opera Review
Recently Rome has come into the spotlight for opera aficianados thanks to Maestro Riccardo Muti's 2011 Nabucco performance and his recent support of Rome's Teatro dell'Opera. Though considered a far younger sibling of Milan's La Scala and Venice's La Fenice, the company does command an audience during its mid-November to May season. Tickets are on sale in advance of the season. In the hot summer months, the company moves to the Baths of Caracalla for its outdoor opera series. As can be expected, the oft-preferred performance is Aida for its spectacle, which has been known to include real elephants. The company has taken a new direction, using projections atop the ancient ruins to create cutting-edge sets.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
February 2014 Sicily Trip Report
We found February an excellent time to travel to Sicily. Read more
Well, here we are finally in Sorrento. Read more
Staying in Rome for 5 nights, family of 5. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more