- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Essential Italy
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Il Boom Review
On a charming back street set just a block from the busiest streets of bustling Trastevere sits this culinary homage to '50s and '60s Italy during the golden age of La Dolce Vita. The walls are black-and-white blow-ups of paparazzi photos and shots of film stars like Marcello Mastroianni and Sophia Loren, and the jukebox from the era lends a retro feel to the small dining room. The food highlights dishes of southern Italy, so interesting variations on dishes with eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, and mozzarella dominate the menu. Here's your chance, too, to sample southern Italian wines from as-yet-unknown regions like Molise and Basilicata. Service can be as slow as it is in the languorous south.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
February 2014 Sicily Trip Report
We found February an excellent time to travel to Sicily. Read more
Well, here we are finally in Sorrento. Read more
Staying in Rome for 5 nights, family of 5. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more