- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Il Boom Review
On a charming back street set just a block from the busiest streets of bustling Trastevere sits this culinary homage to '50s and '60s Italy during the golden age of La Dolce Vita. The walls are black-and-white blow-ups of paparazzi photos and shots of film stars like Marcello Mastroianni and Sophia Loren, and the jukebox from the era lends a retro feel to the small dining room. The food highlights dishes of southern Italy, so interesting variations on dishes with eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, and mozzarella dominate the menu. Here's your chance, too, to sample southern Italian wines from as-yet-unknown regions like Molise and Basilicata. Service can be as slow as it is in the languorous south.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Sorry for the delay in getting to this portion of the trip. Read more
We recently took a Bucket List trip to Florence & rural Tuscany. Read more
I've been reading all the great advice on Tuscany and realize it is quite a large area.
We plan to spend 2 weeks in Italy in the spring of 2014. I am thinking of flying into Rome and renting a car and traveling Read more
· News & Features
The Caesars Entertainment and Starwood hotel groups have teamed up to offer reciprocal benefits across... Read more
In September, new boutique hotel 1888 landed in Sydney, with an unusual claim to fame: It's the world's... Read more
Come January, American Airlines will introduce brand-new premium Airbus A321 planes on its transcontinental... Read more