- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Essential Italy
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Cinecittà Studios Review
Film lovers will want to make the trip out to Cinecittà Studios, stomping ground of Fellini, Audrey Hepburn, and Elizabeth Taylor and home to such classics as Roman Holiday, Cleopatra, and La Dolce Vita. Another draw is the set built for the recent BBC/HBO series Rome, which includes movie versions of ancient homes, temples, and streets. You can take a guided tour of the sets. It also seems likely that the very popular 2011–2012 exhibition Cinecittà Shows Off, with its displays of memorabilia like Elizabeth Taylor's Cleopatra gown and the dolphin-shaped statue that marked the chariot laps in Ben-Hur, may be made permanent (although this had not been announced at press time). Check www.cinecittastudios.it for more information. Cinecittà is located about 20 minutes southeast on Line B from the Colosseo stop.
- Address: Via Tuscolana 1055, Cinecittà, Rome, 00173 | Map It
- Phone: 06/722931
- Cost: €10 exhibition, €20 exhibition and tour
- Hours: Daily 9:30–5:30; guided tours in English daily at 11:30 and 3:15
- Website: www.cinecittastudios.it
- Metro Cinecittà.
- Location: The Catacombs and Via Appia Antica
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just wanted to thank everyone for their help for my planned Sicily trip - sadly my Mum took sick and I've had to call the whole thing off! Read more
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
Hello! Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more