- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Essential Italy
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Galleria d'Arte Moderna
Galleria d'Arte Moderna Review
After an 8-year renovation, Rome's modern art gallery reopened in fall 2011. The completely overhauled space—which happens to be the lovely, 18th-century convent of the Discalced Carmelites—perfectly shows off the gem of a collection, which focuses on Roman 19th- and 20th-century paintings, drawings, prints, and sculptures. With more than 3,000 pieces by artists like Giorgio de Chirico, Gino Severini, Scipione, Antonio Donghi, and Giacomo Manzù, the permanent collection is too large all to be on display at once, so exhibits rotate. Regardless of what the particular exhibit is, stop by to soak in another side of the city: one where, in the near-empty halls, tranquillity and contemplation reign.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
February 2014 Sicily Trip Report
We found February an excellent time to travel to Sicily. Read more
Well, here we are finally in Sorrento. Read more
Staying in Rome for 5 nights, family of 5. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more