- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Essential Italy
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Especially good for a day out with the children, this zoo has been remodeled under eco-friendly lines—more space for the animals, most brought from other zoos or born from animals already in captivity rather than snatched from the wild. There aren't any rhinos, koalas, pandas, or polar bears, but there are local brown bears from Abruzzo and a Reptilarium. Other features are the Biopark train (€1), a picnic area next to the flamingos, and a farm.
- Address: Piazzale del Giardino Zoologico 1, Villa Borghese, Rome, 00197 | Map It
- Phone: 06/3608211
- Cost: €15 adults (€12 children)
- Hours: Jan.–Mar., daily 9:30–5; Apr.–Sept., weekdays 9:30–6, weekends 9:30–7; Oct., daily 9:30–6; Nov.–Dec., daily 9:30–5
- Website: www.bioparco.it
- Metro Tram 19 or bus 3, 88, 95, 490, 495.
- Location: Villa Borghese
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
Trip to Sicily: March 3-22, 2014
My husband and I had originally planned a trip to Sicily for last September but, due to family issues, we had to postpone the trip until this March. Read more
Spending one full day in sorrento before taking a tour through Italy. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more