- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Essential Italy
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Especially good for a day out with the children, this zoo has been remodeled under eco-friendly lines—more space for the animals, most brought from other zoos or born from animals already in captivity rather than snatched from the wild. There aren't any rhinos, koalas, pandas, or polar bears, but there are local brown bears from Abruzzo and a Reptilarium. Other features are the Biopark train (€1), a picnic area next to the flamingos, and a farm.
- Address: Piazzale del Giardino Zoologico 1, Villa Borghese, Rome, 00197 | Map It
- Phone: 06/3608211
- Cost: €12.50 adults (€10.50 children)
- Hours: Jan. 1–Mar. 25 and Oct. 24–Dec. 31, daily 9:30–5; Mar. 26–Apr. 1 and Sept. 26–Oct. 23, daily 9:30–6; Apr. 2–Sept. 25, weekdays 9:30–6, weekends 9:30–7. Last admission 1 hr before closing.
- Website: www.bioparco.it
- Metro Tram 19 or bus 3, 88, 95, 490, 495.
- Location: Villa Borghese
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
February 2014 Sicily Trip Report
We found February an excellent time to travel to Sicily. Read more
Well, here we are finally in Sorrento. Read more
We will be driving from our hotel in Vicchio to Bologna (about 1.5hr drive) and staying in Bologna for 1 night before our flight home. It seems like there isn't muchthat would interest kids in Bologna. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more