- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Serafini Ferruccio Pelletteria
Serafini Ferruccio Pelletteria Review
Fifty years ago, there were more than 200 workshops in Rome making handmade leather handbags and shoes. Today only a handful of these saddlers remain, among them Serafini Ferruccio Pelletteria. In this subterranean emporium, both Bobby and Jack Kennedy once ordered loafers and Marlon Brando fancied the maker's doeskin moccasins. Today, the Serafini brand is managed by Francesca, Ferruccio Serafini's youngest daughter, and the laboratory continues to work the leather just as Ferrucio has since beginning his career in the 1940s. Discerning clients adore their lavish retro-styled handbags. Choose from premade stock or, if you have time, select your own style and accompanying leathers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After we left Urbino, we drove to Fabriano. Read more
We've rented out our house for another three months and have hit the road. Read more
Is it customary to leave a gratuity for the chambermaids in Europe? Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more