- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Under a brightly lit awning covering a lively Trastevere piazza, you find the kind of casual trattoria one expects to stumble upon in every Italian seaside village: locals waiting for tables, a bustling casual setting, and ebullient servers pushing heaping plates of fresh seafood and pasta. Here, waiters serve with a smile and a wink, joking with clients while dishing out large portions of the house specialty: local seafood. Of course, traditional Roman meat staples are present on the menu, but really, with itsy-bitsy baby calamari the size of a fingertip fried up so perfectly, why stick to the standards? Pastas with all varieties of sea creatures abound, as do main plates of swordfish and grilled calamari. But we think the best plan is to order up the mixed house seafood antipasto for the table, order some salads and a couple of pastas to share, and close the meal with samplings from frosty bottles of digestivi planted firmly on your table. This is what they meant when they coined the term la dolce vita.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After we left Urbino, we drove to Fabriano. Read more
We've rented out our house for another three months and have hit the road. Read more
Is it customary to leave a gratuity for the chambermaids in Europe? Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more