- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
La Coppola Storta
La Coppola Storta Review
La Coppola Storta describes a type of Sicilian beret and the jaunty way it was worn by Mafiosi. They say the more the hat was twisted to the side, the more connected the wearer was to organized crime. In defiance of Mafia influence across Sicily, activist Guido Agnello helped to open a factory in San Giuseppe specializing in the manufacture of these colorful caps, giving jobs to local sewers, many of whom were previously unemployed or connected to the black market. With the help of some of Italy's best designers, they have created a line of dapper Coppola for adults, children, and even puppies, which have become a sought-after fashion accessory and an unexpected ambassador for the anti-mafia struggle all over the world. With every color and fabric imaginable, hat prices start at €55.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After we left Urbino, we drove to Fabriano. Read more
We've rented out our house for another three months and have hit the road. Read more
Is it customary to leave a gratuity for the chambermaids in Europe? Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more