- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
A first for this (still) up-and-coming hipster neighborhood, this is a modern Italian restaurant highlighting local ingredients and simplified cooking techniques. But while the name "Primo " may reference the primary ingredients that are the focus of the menu, it could just as easily refer to the prime people-watching spot the restaurant enjoys on the 'hood's main drag. The young funky patrons sip from a selection of 250 wines, and nibble on hand-cut prosciutto, anchovy-and-broccoli gratin, and salads with goat cheese and radicchio. Pastas on offer include artichoke tortelli with marjoram and pecorino, and pappardelle with a chicken ragu'. Seafood mains, like grilled swordfish with a pistachio sauce are also good choices. Those more carnivorous sink their teeth into the provolone and herb-stuffed veal, or braised beef cheeks with potato puree and artichokes. Desserts are tasty if fairly standard, so why not linger over one of the digestivi instead?
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After we left Urbino, we drove to Fabriano. Read more
We've rented out our house for another three months and have hit the road. Read more
Is it customary to leave a gratuity for the chambermaids in Europe? Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more