- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Famed chef Angelo Troiani, chef-proprietor of Il Convivio, has branched out, heading out of the city center to the Flaminio area, and also branched out by now specializing in high-quality seafood. He tapped chef Giulio Terrinoni to head the kitchen, and the results are delicious and understated, with some dishes reflecting the time-honored Italian tradition of letting great seafood speak for itself while others get spiffed-up treatments. The crudo is ultra-fresh, and pastas like the seafood carbonara and the cacio e pepe with skate and zucchini flowers are upscale aquatic riffs on Roman classics. Main dishes range from fish stew to a gran fritto misto. The owners are concerned about sustainability, and as such, don't serve certain endangered sea creatures (like bluefin tuna carpaccio). Desserts are surprisingly sophisticated. Service is helpful and thorough, which helps to make up for the sometimes slow kitchen.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After we left Urbino, we drove to Fabriano. Read more
We've rented out our house for another three months and have hit the road. Read more
Is it customary to leave a gratuity for the chambermaids in Europe? Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more