- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
La Pergola Review
La Pergola's rooftop location offers a commanding view of the city, and as you're seated in your plush chair, you know you're in for a three–Michelin star experience, and the only one in Rome. First, your waiter will present you with menus: food, wine, and water (you read correctly). Then you must choose between the German Wunder-chef Heinz Beck's alta cucina specialties, though most everything will prove to be the best version of the dish you've ever tasted. Lobster is oh-so-lightly poached, and fish is cooked perfectly, including the delicious black cod with a celery sauce and curry crust. Each course comes with a flourish of sauces or extra touches that makes it an event in its own right, while the cheese cart is well-explained by knowledgeable servers. The dessert course is extravagant, including tiny petits fours and treats tucked away in small drawers that make up the serving "cabinet." The wine list is as thrilling as one might expect with the financial backing of the Waldorf-Astoria and their investment in one of the top wine cellars in Italy.
- Address: Rome Cavalieri, Via Cadlolo 101, Monte Mario Northwest Rome, Rome, 00136 | Map It
- Phone: 06/35092152
- Website: www.romecavalieri.com/lapergola.php
- Location: Beyond the City Center
- Jacket and tie.
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. and Mon., 2 wks in Aug., and most of Jan. No lunch.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We drove to the Hotel Bonconte in Urbino - another hotel not easy to find. Read more
Just returned from a fabulous 2 1/2 weeks in Le Marche, ending with 4 days in Rome.
We arrived at Fiumicino at about 2pm. We didn't want to go into Rome - just rent a car and head north. The first nigh Read more
Does anyone have an insight on getting from Marco Polo airport to Venice? Read more
· News & Features
Even while reveling in holiday festivities, it's easy to be overtaken by the stress of finding perfec ... Read more
Author Wes Davis, a former excavations assistant at Kavousi in Eastern Crete, recounts his archaeological... Read more
Cruisers with a taste for dancing take note—you can compete aboard Holland America sailings to wi... Read more