- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Essential Italy
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
La Pergola Review
La Pergola's rooftop location offers a commanding view of the city, and as you're seated in your plush chair, you know you're in for a three–Michelin star experience, and the only one in Rome. First, your waiter will present you with menus: food, wine, and water (you read correctly). Then you must choose between the German Wunder-chef Heinz Beck's alta cucina specialties, though most everything will prove to be the best version of the dish you've ever tasted. Lobster is oh-so-lightly poached, and fish is cooked perfectly, including the delicious black cod with a celery sauce and curry crust. Each course comes with a flourish of sauces or extra touches that makes it an event in its own right, while the cheese cart is well-explained by knowledgeable servers. The dessert course is extravagant, including tiny petits fours and treats tucked away in small drawers that make up the serving "cabinet." The wine list is as thrilling as one might expect with the financial backing of the Waldorf-Astoria and their investment in one of the top wine cellars in Italy.
- Address: Rome Cavalieri, Via Cadlolo 101, Monte Mario Northwest Rome, Rome, 00136 | Map It
- Phone: 06/35092152
- Website: www.romecavalieri.com/lapergola.php
- Location: Beyond the City Center
- Jacket and tie.
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. and Mon., 2 wks in Aug., and most of Jan. No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
Trip to Sicily: March 3-22, 2014
My husband and I had originally planned a trip to Sicily for last September but, due to family issues, we had to postpone the trip until this March. Read more
I and a friend are hoping to do a cooking class in Italy in July. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more