- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The place to go for Rome's extraordinary carciofi alla giudia (fried whole artichokes), Piperno has been in business for more than a century. The location, up a tiny hill in a piazza tucked away behind the palazzi of the Ghetto, lends the restaurant a rarefied air. It's a popular location for Sunday brunch. Try the exquisite prosciutto and buffalo mozzarella plate, the fiori di zucca ripieni e fritti (fried stuffed zucchini flowers), and filetti di baccalà (fillet of cod) to start. The display of fresh local fish is enticing enough to lure diners to try offerings from sea instead of land. Service is in the old school style of dignified formality.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Sorry for the delay in getting to this portion of the trip. Read more
We recently took a Bucket List trip to Florence & rural Tuscany. Read more
I did post this in the lounge but still have not come up with the Italian name for this cookie although we did manage to come up with a couple recipes:
When I was in rome I bought these cookies at Roscoli Read more
· News & Features
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort. ... Read more
Arts and culture are celebrated as much as the world-class beaches in St.... Read more
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring... Read more