- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Essential Italy
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
La Rosetta Review
Chef-owner Massimo Riccioli took the nets and fishing gear off the walls of his parents' trattoria to create what is widely known as the place to go in Rome for first-rate seafood. But beware: the staff may be friendly and the fish may be of high quality, but the preparation is generally very simple, and the prices can be numbingly high. Start with the justifiably well-known selection of marinated seafood appetizers, like carpaccios of fresh, translucent fish drizzled with olive oil and perhaps a fresh herb. Pastas tend to mix shellfish, usually with a touch of oil, white wine, and lemon. Simple dishes such as the classic zuppa di pesce (fish soup) deserve star billing under the title of secondi—and command star prices.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
February 2014 Sicily Trip Report
We found February an excellent time to travel to Sicily. Read more
Well, here we are finally in Sorrento. Read more
Staying in Rome for 5 nights, family of 5. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more