- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Essential Italy
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Spirito di Vino
Spirito di Vino Review
At this restaurant on the less-traveled side of Viale Trastevere, diners can enjoy an evening of historic and culinary interest. The restaurant itself was rebuilt on the site of a 12th-century Jewish synagogue, and as such, the spot is rich with history—several ancient sculptures, now in the Vatican and Capitoline museums, were unearthed in the basement. The food ranges from inventive (mini-meatballs seasoned with coriander) to traditional (spaghetti with pecorino cheese and pepper), to historical (braised pork shoulder with apples and leeks, following an ancient Roman recipe). The proud owner is happy to explain every dish on the menu, and he even offers a postdinner tour of the wine cellar—and that basement.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
February 2014 Sicily Trip Report
We found February an excellent time to travel to Sicily. Read more
Well, here we are finally in Sorrento. Read more
Staying in Rome for 5 nights, family of 5. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more