- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Essential Italy
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
'Gusto - Osteria
'Gusto - Osteria Review
This is the second sibling in the 'Gusto empire, and they've shifted their focus from cichetti (Venetian-style tapas) to hearty traditional Roman fare. And why not? Romans are traditionalists and regionalists, so When In Rome.... You may want to begin by choosing from the incredible selection of 400 cheeses in the basement cellar, then from the various fritti (fried items), and moving on to pastas such as sheep's milk cheese and pepper spaghetti. Secondi are meats or grilled seafood items, highlighting the simplicity of the cucina romana. The atmosphere is predictably buzzy, and the loft-life airy space is a refreshing change from the trattoria standard.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
February 2014 Sicily Trip Report
We found February an excellent time to travel to Sicily. Read more
Well, here we are finally in Sorrento. Read more
We will be picking up a rental car at the Airport in Rome, Italy, on April 19 around noon and will immediately start driving South. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more