- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Essential Italy
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Galleria Nazionale d'Arte Moderna (National Gallery of Modern Art)
Galleria Nazionale d'Arte Moderna (National Gallery of Modern Art) Review
This massive white Beaux Arts building, built for the 1911 World Exposition in Rome, contains one of Italy's leading collections of 19th- and 20th-century works. It's primarily dedicated to the history of Italian modernism, examining the movement's development over the last two centuries, but crowd-pleasers Degas, Monet, Courbet, Van Gogh, and Cézanne put in appearances along with an outstanding Dadaist collection.
- Address: Via delle Belle Arti 131, Villa Borghese, Rome, 00197 | Map It
- Phone: 06/322981; 06/39967051 guided tours in English
- Cost: Museum only, €8; exhibition only, €10; museum and exhibition, €12
- Hours: Tues.–Sun. 8:30–7:30 (last entrance 45 mins before closing)
- Website: www.gnam.beniculturali.it
- Metro Tram 19, Bus 3, 88, 95, 490, 495.
- Location: Villa Borghese
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
February 2014 Sicily Trip Report
We found February an excellent time to travel to Sicily. Read more
Well, here we are finally in Sorrento. Read more
We will be picking up a rental car at the Airport in Rome, Italy, on April 19 around noon and will immediately start driving South. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more