- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Piazza Navona: Take yourself for the ultimate Roman passeggiata (promenade) in the city's most glorious piazza—the showcase for Rome’s exuberant Baroque style—and savor how Bernini's fantastic fountain is set off by the curves and steeples of Borromini's church of Sant'Agnese.
Caravaggio: Feel the power of 17th-century Rome's rebel artist in three of his finest paintings, at the church of San Luigi dei Francesi, all dazzling with the chiaroscuro use of light and shadow.
The Pantheon: Gaze up to the heavens through the dome of Rome's best-preserved ancient temple—could this be the world's only architecturally perfect building?
Campo de' Fiori: Stroll through the morning market, basket in hand, for a taste of the sweet life.
Via Giulia: Lined with regal palaces—still home to some of Rome's princeliest families—this is a Renaissance-era diorama you can walk through.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's