- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
OK, Where Do I Start?
Begin at Piazza Venezia, the square in front of the gigantic monument to Vittorio Emanuele II. Head north on Via del Corso, Rome's main drag (or, a must if it is Saturday morning, head east one block to the gilded Palazzo Colonna art collection), for a block or so to dazzling Palazzo Doria Pamphilj, loaded with priceless Old Master paintings and one resident prince. Farther up the Corso, Via di Sant'Ignazio leads to the 18th-century stage-set of Piazza di Sant'Ignazio, home to the Church of Sant'Ignazio, where the famous ceiling frescoes hold a surprise or two.
A few blocks farther up the Corso, turn right and you'll soon hear the enchanting Fontana di Trevi. Continuing northwest you'll hit that postcard icon, the Spanish Steps, surrounded by Rome's most glamorous shops.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's