Sights & Attractions in Puglia, Basilicata, and Calabria
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Things to Do in Matera
Matera's cathedral was built in the late 13th century and occupies...
Museo Archaeologico Nazionale Domenico Ridola
Housed in the former monastery of Santa Chiara, Matera's archaeological...
|Museums / Galleries||Matera|
San Giovanni Battista
The 13th-century Romanesque church of San Giovanni Battista was...
Matera's Sassi are rock-hewn dwellings piled chaotically atop...
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
* Some taxes, fees additional