Sights & Attractions in Puglia, Basilicata, and Calabria
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Things to Do in Matera
Matera's cathedral was built in the late 13th century and occupies...
Museo Archaeologico Nazionale Domenico Ridola
Housed in the former monastery of Santa Chiara, Matera's archaeological...
|Museums / Galleries||Matera|
San Giovanni Battista
The 13th-century Romanesque church of San Giovanni Battista was...
Matera's Sassi are rock-hewn dwellings piled chaotically atop...
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
* Some taxes, fees additional