- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Accent the first "i" when you pronounce the name of this provincial Calabrian city, notable for its Aragonese castle, synagogue, and 16th-century San Giuliano church. It's also a great jumping-off point for the Albanian-speaking village of Cìvita and the Pollino National Park, farther afield. Castrovillari's world-class restaurant-inn, La Locanda di Alia, has made the city something of a gastronomical destination.
Castrovillari at a Glance
Elsewhere in Puglia, Basilicata, and Calabria
- Castel del Monte
- Ceglie Messapica
- Martina Franca
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's