- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Sestriere. This ski resort, located at 6,670 feet, was built in the late 1920s under the auspices of Turin's Agnelli family. The slopes get good snow some years from November through May, other years from February through May. Sestriere. 0122/799411 for snow conditions. www.vialattea.it.
Sestriere tourist office. The tourist office provides complete information about lift tickets, ski runs, mountain guides, and equipment rentals, both here and in neighboring towns such as Bardonecchia and Claviere. Via Louset 14, 10058. 0122/755444. www.comune.sestriere.to.it.
Claviere. This quaint village with slate-roof houses is one of Italy's oldest ski resorts. Its slopes overlap with those of the French resort of Montgenèvre. 17 km (11 mi[) west of Sestriere, Sestriere, 10050.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Special deal: 3-Star Cristallo Torino Fr $91+/Nt Expedia
- BEST WESTERN Piemontese in May: $104 & Up Save with Expedia, $17/night less
- Turin Savings! Book at Residence San Paolo Fr $120+/Nt — $120 Save with Expedia, $12/night less
- Turin Savings! Book at Plaza Torino Fr $119+/Nt — $119 Expedia
- Town House 70 Suite in May: $271 & Up — $271 Expedia